CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.15.2010

What's new?



We took Aden to see the Chipmunks "Squeakqual" last weekend, which he loved. He's so much fun to take to the movies. I can't wait until Ethan is old enough to go with us. I have a feeling there is lots of movies and popcorn in our futures.

In the movie, one of the chipmunks is afraid of eagles. Wouldn't you know that night (ahem... morning) at around 2AM Aden was screaming my name. I went in his room and he said, "There's an eagle on my bed!!" Poor kid, he was having nightmares.

Actually, he goes through phases where he'll have nightmares 2-3 nights in a row, then great dreams for a while. Shortly after the eagle incident, he woke me up because his "bed was filled with spiders." (Aden and I both dislike bugs a lot.) And then the next night, he called me in there to tell me he doesn't want to eat worms. I told him he never ever has to eat worms. He said that I told him he had to eat worms. I told him he was having a bad dream, it wasn't real and I will never make him eat worms. He went back to sleep after that. Poor kid.

The worst though, was "The Finger" dream. In the car the other day, he told me that he had a dream that Lola took Lindsey's finger off and put it in a black oven and it was burning. He said he didn't want Lola to hurt Lindsey. We all had a laugh about that, but honestly I don't even know where he would get something like that. The scariest thing he ever watches (besides a chipmunk with a fear of the eagle football mascot) is pre-school television. Granted, there is something weird about a dancing bear, but to dream about removing fingers is outrageous.

In Ethan news, he got another tooth (total of 3 now) and three more teeth are pushing so hard against his gums that they are white. I imagine he'll just pop a bunch of teeth all at once over the next week or so. He's been cranky about it too, but we understand. AND!! Although he's been calling me (and everyone else) "Da Da" for a bit, he has finally started calling me (and only me!!) "Ma Ma!" I am thrilled. I woke up this morning and heard him calling, "Ma Ma! Ma Ma!" from his crib. Best way to start a morning EVER.

1 remarks:

Poppy said...

Mama...sweetest word on earth...next to Nana of course ;)

Little ones and their dreams I'll have to post about poor Grace's dreams/nightmares one of these days. It's heartbreaking to hear her cry in her sleep. It sounds like you can get Aden back to sleep rather easily? I wish that were so with Grace.

Poor Ethan and a mouth full of teeth trying to come in...oh the pain!