CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.07.2010

Age of Innocence?



I imagine my kids sitting at the dinner table telling me all about their day, their friends, who said what, who they have a crush on and what they like to do for fun. I think every parent of a toddler and baby imagines this is exactly the way it will be, while parents of teenagers laugh at us.

That being said, I was pretty giddy when Aden decided to giggle to himself at the table while we were eating and then proceed to tell me a funny story about what some of his friends did. He said, "Aaron pooped in the girls potty, and then put Jeramiah's shoes in the potty! It was so funny momma."

At first, I was kind of shocked. I mean - how do 3 year olds have enough unsupervised time to do these kinds of things? What did Jeramiah have to wear the rest of the day on his feet? Did my kid help with this? Do they even KNOW how much shoes cost?

Then I realized what just happened. And I smiled. I like that Aden sees  me as a buddy and tells me stories. Oh, these are going to be some tough years ahead.

(Photo is from Lola, Aden jumping into leaves at her house. How fun!)

0 remarks: