CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8.26.2009

Update and Hospital Visit Photos

We made it home! Ethan was a true champ, despite running a fever the whole day. He and I made it to the hospital and found a parking spot - which is not easy. Luckily, he slept most of the drive.


Ethan on his way through the parking garage

Such a little cutie, waiting on the elevator

The first elevator ride of the trip

We found the right place in a maze of specialist offices and checked in. Despite their mask policy for kids with fever, they thankfully didn't make Ethan wear one. I would have had a rough time getting him to keep one of those on! After lots of paperwork and waiting, we were in!


Happy baby with a barcode that matched mommy's barcode


I was so glad that he was happy and playful when we got into the room. He has been sick the past day or so and not very smiley.

Big smiles for mommy's funny faces

The endocrinologist had me strip Ethan down to a diaper so he could check him out. Thankfully, he feels that Ethan looks developmentally on track. He measured everything (yes... everything...) and feels that his ONH is most likely so mild that it isn't going to affect his growth in any way. He didn't feel it was necessary to run a bunch of lab tests, however he did order a basic thyroid test just to be on the safe side and see what we're dealing with. Ethan has to go back in 6 months to compare his bloodwork and at that time we'll know if more extensive testing is in order.


I'm a great kid! I sit still for the doctor and I don't complain about a thing!



Riding another elevator down to the lab


My good baby boy, still just as sweet as can be after all this




Putting on his game face - let's DO this!

The lab tech gave Ethan some specialized sugar water for his pacifier to help with the needle pain. When that sugar water hit his tongue, his eyes got really wide. I think he liked it.

What a brave little guy he was!

After a quick blood extraction, we were done! Ethan got a Bugs Bunny bandaid and then we were out of there - off to search for our car.

Sound asleep after all that excitement


2 remarks:

Carrie said...

Oh my, he is so adorable!! I'm so glad that all went well!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? He's a TROOPER! I'm praying that the thyroid tests come back normal and you can continue to blissfully enjoy your little man knowing all is well.