CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8.11.2009

Where is Rip Van Winkle?


Well, Ethan is between 7 and 8 weeks old (if you can believe that!) and still isn't on any sort of sleep schedule whatsoever. Not even close. We're also coming off three bad nights where he has been up and down all night, grumpy and fussy. I had hoped by now he would be sleeping at least 5 or 6 hours at night, but we're still lucky if he gets to a full three hours. We do all the recommended things like establishing a bedtime routine, bath time, reading, calming the home before bed, dimming lights, you name it. I don't even really take him in the bedroom until it's time to start winding down for bed just so he can associate the feel of the room with bedtime. Sigh. No luck.

1 remarks:

Carrie said...

I'm sorry, Chris! Gabe was a bit like that - terrible sleeper. He got a little bit better around 12 weeks. I know it's hard to imagine now, but he'll get there. Hugs!!