CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

8.25.2009

Hungry Bugs



Sigh.


Conversation tonight at dinner.


Aden: Mommy, I don't like this bite. (spits it in his hand and throws it on the floor)

Me: Babe, it's okay if you don't like it. Throw it in the trash though, don't put it on the floor.

Aden: Yes, I put it on the floor.

Me: No, that's how you get bugs.

Aden: Bugs?

Me: Bugs will eat that if you throw it on the floor.

Aden: I want to feed the bugs.

Me: (realizing this has taken a turn I don't like) No, we don't feed bugs.

Aden: Aren't they hungry?

Me: They can go outside if they want to eat.


(Aden ponders this for a minute.)


So to anyone who might be with Aden when he begins to tell you about how we have bugs in our house and we feed them chicken, this is where he got that from. I'm sure his teachers are going to look at me funny for a few days.

2 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Hey, bugs gotta eat too. Our little Aden...the humanitarian.

Anonymous said...

There is a rule - I won't believe everything he says about you if you don't believe everything he says about me. One of Channings teachers told me that one.