It's the weekend before Halloween and carnivals are everywhere. We are definitely getting good use out of Aden's $5 costume. Friday night was the school carnival. Ethan started feeling poorly, so Adam stayed home with him and I took Aden up to the school. He had a blast going from room to room and playing the games. He wasn't sure at all about the cake walk, but I finally got him to do it with me and he started getting into it. We must have walked 14 times before I finally won a cupcake, which I of course gave to my cute little transformer.
Aden and his friend Noah, comparing costumes
Picking out a cupcake - an orange one with a ghost on top.
Walking back to the car on a very nice evening.
The next day, Ethan was still feeling terrible so I stayed home with him while Adam took Aden to his soccer game. Due to an injury, Aden ended up playing all 4 quarters. It stormed most of the day, so we weren't sure we were going to get out of the house but after the rain stopped we decided to get out of the house and meet up with our friends Courtney and Jason for some trunk-r-treating. Ethan's fever had broken and he seemed to feel fine, so we thought an hour or two out of the house might do him some good. He was sleepy though, so although he had fun, an hour or two was all he was good for.
Due to the rain, the trunk-r-treating was moved into the church - which lost power shortly before it began. The kids had fun anyway!
Tomorrow, provided Ethan feels a little better, we have another trunk-r-treat event at Gigi's church. Again - we are getting some use out of that costume!
0 remarks:
Post a Comment