CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

5.28.2009

Ethan's Pad

We are currently putting the final touches on Ethan's bedroom, and it's shaping up nicely! I wanted to do something different, since we are re-using basically everything from Aden's nursery, so that it didn't feel like the same space. The stripes and the paneling have helped tremendously in making this space uniquely Ethan's. A few things we have left to do are to hang a couple shelves in the back wall (seen in this photo) by the window. See the shelves on the floor? That's them.

I left a little room between the crib and the corner just to store things like exersaucers not in use and things like this:
Here's the bedding. Everything here is exactly as Aden had it. What a testament to Pottery Barn Kids bedding! It is exactly like new, and it's been through one child already.


This is new. I bought white frames with mats, took the glass out, inserted scrap booking paper and hot glued Ethan's letters to each frame. I love how it turned out!

Here's a shot of the room so far. You can see again on the left where the shelves will go. Not pictured is his dresser (far right). We also have a long shelf to hang above that dresser still. Minnie is still keeping Ethan's swing warm. Anytime she's moved, Aden makes sure to bring her back. Both Regular Minnie, and Pirate Minnie.


And the last view. The changing table. Again, this is identical to how we had it with Aden. In fact, it was still in regular use until about a month and a half ago. (hooray for potty trained kids!) I still have some frames (see beside the changing table?) to hang on the wall on the left. And that long shelf propped up in the photo is the shelf that goes above the dresser. For now, Aden's play table is still in this room for lack of a better space. It will probably come in handy there though, so that Aden has a place to play while I'm changing/dressing Ethan.


And just for grins, here's a preliminary shot of the closet. Boy do I need to get in there and organize! The clothes are in order, but everything else is sort of thrown around.


Another hand-me-down. I bought this for Aden's nursery and it no longer matches his big boy room. So it got moved as well.


Now I'll have to take pictures of Aden's room too! It's really coming along!

5 remarks:

Melinda said...

I love Ethan's room! You did such a great job!

Unknown said...

Ethan has a bigger closet than I do! I love his room! SO adorable!

Carrie said...

Awesome job, Chris!! It's so cute!

AtwoodArena said...

I love his room. Tia had the same bedding except it was pink. The bumper is the only thing that didn't last and that was b/c I washed it and the lace block ripped.

Jolene said...

OMGsh what an adorable room. I love it. I can't wait to see him in it