CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.19.2010

Crawfish Boil at Lone Star Park

Aden with his first bet ticket

We took the boys to Lone Star Park for a Crawfish Boil last weeked, and it was Ethan's first time at the track. He loved it. He loved seeing the horses, being outside and eating the food... most especially eating the food.


Starting with funnel cake with strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream and moving on to coconut snow cones. Heaven. He cracked me up with the funnel cake. He'd work on a bite for a minute and then when it was gone, he'd bang his hand on the picnic bench for another bite. This happened about 20 times in a row. I couldn't stop laughing - he couldn't stop eating!


He also took some time between snacks to check out the place.


Aden has been to Lone Star several times a year for the past three years. He got to walk down to see the horses up close and picked the horse he thought would win or show. Daddy placed his very first bet! (He didn't start off on a winning streak, but the horse almost came in third, good pick Adie!)



We also found a live crawfish on the ground close to the cookers and he was attempting to make an escape. I the photo above, you can see that the crawfish is begging to go home and be a pet, Ethan thinks the crawfish is the coolest thing ever and Aden is really, REALLY not so sure about that thing at all. (Can anyone be as similar to his mommy as this child?)

1 remarks:

Poppy said...

ooooo...how jealous I am of Aden's sno cone! Right by our church is a house that has a trailer that they take to local festivals, carnivals, etc and they sell sno cones. During the week from 3-7 p.m. in the summer months they open from their property. They have 100 flavors. I tend to stick to Cherry and admit I go all to frequently! But I love them. Grace loves them too! Gosh I can't wait until they open for the season!! I am craving one now!