CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10.16.2008

I've been tagged!

My friend Carrie tagged me to post 7 things about myself. Check out her blog, she's an amazing mom with two adorable kids. And she's in Marketing too!


Let's see....


1. I have lived in Texas for most of my life but I wasn't actually born here. I was born in Decatur, IN. I was so young when I moved that when my mom told me we were moving to Texas, I couldn't wrap my mind around that. I thought Indiana was the whole world. I guess they don't start teaching geography in Kindergarten in Indiana!


2. I am a pretty confident public speaker. At my previous job, I had to get in front of large groups (we're talking rent out rooms in hotels kind of large) and speak or train as well as several small groups that I trained. Plus, numerous office meetings I'd speak at. In my current job I still have large events that I network at, but not as often. I think my confidence came from a job I had before college where I was in direct sales and had to go door to door to make money. I found that even though it wasn't a safe job, it was invaluable to my future.


3. I am blind. Well, not really, but pretty close. I wear contacts but if I don't have them on I can only see shapes and colors. I could never drive or even cook without them on.


4. Speaking of cooking - I'm not great at that. I try, but that isn't a talent I have. I can try to follow even the simplest of recipes and somehow mess it up. I once tried to make creme brulee (because I love it... the world should enjoy more creme brulee) and it was so bad, even the cat wouldn't eat it. So I try to stick to the basics. Ha!


5. I got married in Belize on an island called Ambergris Caye in a town called San Pedro. Jerry Jeff Walker has a house there and even made an entire CD of music just from his inspiration there - and I love it. It completely captures life in San Pedro. My dream is to go back to San Pedro to visit and spend some more time there, especially in a few years when I can take Aden and show him where mommy and daddy said their vows. We stayed at the Blue Tang - I recommend it for anyone who is planning a trip!


6.I am a member of the Cirque du Soleil fan club. I have been for years! I saw Mystere in Vegas before I was even old enough to gamble and I was hooked. Since then, I've seen just about every traveling show, and two Vegas shows. I hope to get to Vegas again soon to see more. I really want to see the Beatles Cirque show. As long as we're talking about fan clubs I'm in... I'm also a member of the Transiberian Orchestra fan club. If you ever get a chance to see them live it will knock your socks off.


7. I was a little sister to the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity before and during my college days. I helped rush new members, organize parties and attended tons of functions including their philanthropy events, sporting events and other events that they organized. It's how I met my husband. He wasn't a really active member because he was always working, but he did always make their soccer games. One night at a Pi Kapp soccer game against another fraternity, I noticed the cute goalie and the rest is history. I still have all my Pi Kapp T-shirts. After years of washing and wearing, they are quite comfortable.

Okay! There's my list of seven! Now I'm tagging Lauren and Diana! Can't wait to read your lists!

1 remarks:

Carrie said...

Yay! So fun, Chris!!