That's how long it's taken Aden to realize that he doesn't have to ask permission to get out of bed. It's been really nice, I'll admit. He has never gotten out of bed without asking first. We wake up to him wailing, "Can I get out of bed noooowwww??" and we have to get up and go to his room and give him the okay, but we don't have a kid running around the house getting into things (cookies) while we're asleep or breaking things or running out the front door. I know I won't be as lucky with Ethan, so give me my moment with the first child.
However this morning I heard a door slowly opening and thought I might have been dreaming - until his glowing little face came peeping in my bed asking for cereal. The streak is over, he's his own guy now. And I have just shed a tear over another milestone (and over no longer being able to sleep peacefully in the morning.)
11.27.2010
4 Years, 5 Months and 1 Day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 remarks:
Post a Comment