CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

5.09.2010

Happy Mother's Adam's Day!

What a weekend! Adam's birthday fell on Mother's Day this year, so we celebrated it the day before by having dinner on the patio at El Arroyo. It was a beautiful night. Aden liked helping his daddy open his presents too.


And Ethan provided entertainment, complete with wiggles, dancing, noises and expressions like these:



(His trademark expessions, he's got a whole repertoire of these)

Also this night, Ethan ate his body weight in food. I can not believe how much food this child can pack into his face! He ate a whole container of green beans, a dish of oranges, a dish of applesauce and parts of my, Gigi's and Aden's meals. Then followed all that up with a brownie and ice cream! And probably would have eaten more if we didn't cut off his supply.



I am A) freaking out about my future grocery bills and B) wondering how tall this child will get. I think both he and my grocery bill are going to be outlandishly large.

Finally, Mother's Day was very special. Adam and I are blessed with three really fantastic mom's. And although one is many miles away, we are fortunate to get to see the other two often and our lives are better because of it.

We made reservations a month ago for the Mother's Day Brunch Buffet at Blue Mesa. Adam, the boys and I went a little early in case there might still be a wait. Boy was there! I had heard this brunch was popular but WHOA! They had a tent and chairs out in the parking lot for people waiting on tables. We were told they were running behind and there would be an additional 45 minute wait. So we headed over to Barnes and Noble to look at books for a while. Adam went to the kids section with the boys while I looked for a new book and before I could even pick one up I got a call. Adam told me to get to the kids section asap.

Apparently, Aden was having too much fun to stop and go to the bathroom, so he peed on the floor right there at the train table. I couldn't believe it - a puddle and everything! My son who has been potty trained for a year! I grabbed Aden and left Adam to figure out how to clean the floor, and we ran out to find a shop that sold kids clothes. Of course there was everything BUT kids clothing stores. Lola had arrived and had underwear in her car for him, no shorts. So I called my mom, who was still on her way, and she ran to a nearby Target to get shorts.

All the while, I am in the back of Lola's SUV trying to get Aden's pants off and I look up to find Lola taking pictures of the ordeal. It provided a much needed comic relief to a stressful situation. Happy Mother's Day to me.



My mom finally used her charm and finesse and got us in ahead of time and the food was so worth the wait! All the talk about Blue Mesa is true - that place is amazing. I am going to dream about perfectly prepared flan tonight. And perfectly wonderful kids.

2 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Lolas photos not included!!!

Poppy said...

Great photos. Happy Birthday to Adam and a very Happy Mothers Day to you! Sorry I am late~