Driving to Gigi's the other day, Aden asked, "Where is Jesus?" Hmmm... I can see this is an excellent teaching opportunity, but how do you answer a question like that to a three-year old? I mean, honestly that's a pretty deep question with an even deeper answer. I started with, "He's in heaven babe. Way up in the clouds. And it's beautiful there."
"But I don't SEE Him." Of course my logical thinker would say that. "You can't see Jesus, He's everywhere. But you can FEEL Him. He's always here watching us, making sure we're okay."
For the next few minutes, Aden started pointing out clouds that he thought were Jesus' particular cloud and I agreed that they might be the ones that led to heaven. Then a quiet moment went by. And in the tiniest, sweetest little voice you could imagine, Aden looked to the sky and whispered, "I'm okay."

1 remarks:
awww...that's so sweet!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. I appreciate it.
I have a feeling 2010 is going to be easier. Not so much that circumstances will be resolved but that they will become easier to live with. Accepting this new normal has been so hard.
Again, thanks. Happy Holidays and feel free to stick around :)
Post a Comment