CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9.20.2011

Thoughts on Leadership, Love Aden

It's difficult to get information from Aden on how his days go because he has forgotten the entire day by the time I pick him up. I know, how is that possible, right? But every single day he cannot recall a single moment. If I press him, I can usually get bits and pieces. And if I press him too hard, he begins to make stuff up just so I'll stop asking.

So it was a bit of a surprise on Monday when he offered, "I was the leader today at school."

I said, "You were? What does it mean to be the leader?" He began telling me all about it, how he gets to lead the pledge, sit at the front of the group and announce the day of the week, month, date, weather, etc. and got to squirt the soap in everyone's hands when they washed their hands. So much fun for a 5 year old!

Today, in an effort to keep the conversation flowing, I asked, "So who got to be the leader today?" He tells me the name and so I ask, "Oh really? How did he do?

(Big sigh)... "Not very good."

I asked what he meant and as serious as can be he said, "Well, he kept crying the whole time and leaders don't cry." I started laughing and he said, "What are you laughing about? I didn't tell a joke." I told him he's just cute.





1 remarks:

grandma said...

yes, he is just cute :)and then some