Big weekend for Ethan! First, he had his very first haircut. I've been putting it off, as I ADORE his sweet little curls. Adam's been wanting me to get it trimmed for a while but has been nice enough to let me wait it out until it became too long and tangled to deny. So this weekend all three boys got a cut - and Ethan did so well!
We let Aden go first so Ethan could see what it involved. He was fine with watching, but when Adam started moving him around the little partition (and closer to the shears) he said, "No haircut, that way" and pointed back to the waiting area. We were pretty sure this was going to be rough, so Adam let him sit for a minute in the little car chair to ease him in. He was apprehensive, but was wooed by the button that beeped.
The tears came slightly when she started strapping him in and put the cape around him ( he drew the line at the cape, and won that fight).
But he actually did really well through most of the haircut, only losing it again when she began cutting the hair over his ears.
I'm torn. On the one hand - he's so cute! He looks like such a big boy now with a dude haircut and all that. On the other hand, he looks so BIG! My baby is officially gone, and has been replaced by a full blown little boy. He's my last one and it went so fast. Now I have one more to add to this line of guys...
Well, I guess I can't complain.
That evening, Ethan had another "first" - First movie night at the movie theater! We saw Kung Fu Panda 2 with Lola and Ethan had a great time!
He had a hot dog, popcorn and shared an icee with Aden. He made it through most of the movie, only discussing at full volume all the funny things he saw on the screen, but around the last 15-20 minutes (past bedtime) he began to want to explore the theater so he left with Lola until the end of the show.
Aden found some moves he might like the Poteet's to teach him later.
Tomorrow night, Ethan will have yet another "first" - First sleepover! He and Aden are staying at Lola and Papa's overnight so they can get up early and have an adventure. I'll be at work, so hopefully I can swipe some photos from Lola for the blog.
One more set of long curls to look at, for memories sake. You were a beautiful baby inside and out E.E., and are an even more remarkable little boy.













0 remarks:
Post a Comment