We had a BLAST today! Everyone at the office left work early due to hazardous road conditions, so I swung by and picked up my boys and we had a snow day! Ethan napped for the first part, so Aden and the nursery monitor and I bundled up and went outside. We made a little snowman, snow angels, snow balls, etc. Aden absolutely loved it. I could barely drag him back in the house.
Once Ethan woke up, I bundled him up to play too. He was not a fan of touching snow (too cold and wet), but he grinned from ear to ear just watching it fall and really enjoyed it once we made a makeshift sled. We ended the fun with a warm bath for the boys and hot chocolate for Aden. So fun!
Here are some photos of the day - who knows when we'll have the opportunity to play in snow again?
The backyard toys covered in snow
Wishing he were back in the snow...


















3 remarks:
I love the "sled"! We used a trash can lid once! Gotta make do sometimes.
Looks like Aden had a ball, his big smile is infectious! I love how his eye crinkle and sparkle when he smiles.
I'd say in another year or two Ethan will be just as happy to play in the snow!
Curious... what constitutes "hazardous road conditions" in Texas?
I love that about him too Poppy! I hope we have another pretty snowfall in a couple years so Ethan can play too.
Nick - for maybe the first time ever, we had "Indiana-like" winter conditions. The difference is, we have no idea how to drive in it. Basically, it was just deep amounts of slush and ice. Considering we can barely drive in rain, this was considered hazardous road conditions for sure!
Post a Comment